Africa Gold Plated Earrings
The Africa Gold Plated Earrings are an iconic symbol of the continent. They embody the exotic and adventurous vibe that is central to your experience of travelling through Africa.
World Heritage Sites in Africa
There is no shortage of World Heritage Sites when it comes to Africa. To be precise, there are 129 world heritage sites in total. 40 of these are inscribed for their outstanding natural qualities, while 84 are listed as cultural sites. An additional 5 satisfy both natural and cultural criteria.
Here are some of the most famous ones:
1. The Rift Valley and Great Lake System in Kenya consist of Lake Nakuru, Lake Bogoria and Lake Elementaita. These interlinked lakes play host to some of the most spectacular bird diversities in the world. The pink flamingo filled lakes are definitely a sight not to be missed.
2. Bwindi Impenetrable National Park, Uganda, supports one of the most varied and astounding ecosystems in Africa. It is also home to more than half of the world’s population of endangered Mountain Gorillas. Experience the thrill of a gorilla trekking expedition and see these fascinating primates up close and personal.
3. A visit to Stone Town in Zanzibar is like travelling back in time, 200 years ago. It has not changed, except it’s even more of a melting pot of cultures. Immerse yourself in the narrow winding streets. Discover the bustling markets and Sultan’s palaces. And of course, you’re guaranteed to fall in love with the quintessential Swahili architecture.
4. Isimangaliso Wetland Park, South Africa, boasts 3 major lake systems and 8 interlinking ecosystems. Additionally, it has 220km of beaches and coastal dunes that are around 25,000 years old. If you’re looking for heaven on Earth, then this is a must see!
5. The Old Towns of Djenne, Mali, have been inhabited since 250 B.C. and were once an important trading centre. Discover The Grand Mosque, which is the largest mud-built structure in the world. There’s lots of intrigue to uncover here.
6. Twyfelfontein in Namibia features the world’s largest collection of rock engravings. If you fancy diving into our roots, as far back to the Late Stone Age, then this will hit the spot. The animal centric depictions, including giraffe, rhino, elephants, birds and footprints are a marvel worthy sight.
Go and Explore Africa
Feel inspired to set out and explore when you adorn yourself in these earrings. Enhance the sense of adventure when you add the Africa Gold Plated Bangle to this mix!
“Everything in Africa bites but the safari bug is worst of all.” Brian Jackman
Learn more about Africa and different representations of the continent here.