The Ethiopian tribal lip plate in this statement necklace makes this piece truly unique! Various African tribes use specimens like this lip plate
Specimens like this function not only as a form of adornment amongst various African tribes, but they also hold symbolic value ingrained within their cultural traditions.
Indeed, this fabulous collector’s piece is infused with style, soul and history. Key features of the Lamya Necklace include:
- An antique terracotta Ethiopian tribal lip plate originating from the Mursi tribe in the Omo Valley, southern Ethiopia
- Gorgeous natural white coral beads with streaks of burnt orange
- Striking brass beads made by local artisans in Ghana
- Brass heishi (disc) beads from Kenya
- A handmade brass clasp, adjustable chain and SHIKHAZURI logo bead
- Length: 40cm including clasp, with 8cm chain extension to enable necklace length to be adjusted
- Pendant height: 6.2cm
The components are personally sourced by Shikha during her travels around the world and this statement necklace is assembled in her home studio in Kenya.
FREE worldwide shipping, protective packaging and a beautiful handmade banana leaf jewellery box lined with Maasai shuka and Kenya kanga fabric is included, as well as a personally signed card by Shikha with the story behind this piece.