Trade Bead Chakra Mala Necklace
Mala is a Sanskrit word that means “Garland.” It contains 108 beads plus one “guru” bead with attached embellishments, including a tassel. Traditionally it is used during meditation to keep track of how many times you’ve repeated a mantra or prayer. It is also used in a similar manner by yogis to count breaths. The guru bead provides a starting and ending point for counting the repetitions.
Why 108 Beads?
The reason the Trade Bead Chakra Mala Necklace has 108 beads is very significant:
– There are 108 energy lines in the body that connects to the heart chakra.
– Vedic mathematicians estimated the diameter of the Sun to be 108 times larger than the diameter of the Earth.
– There are also 108 letters in Sanskrit.
– There are 108 sacred texts of the Upanishads in the yogic tradition.
– There are 108 pithas (sacred holy sites) in India.
– There are 108 marma points, or junctures on the body where two or more tissues meet. Marma points represent more than physical connection and are considered points of vital life force.
– In Bhakti yoga tradition there are 108 gopis dancing with Krishna in Vrindavan. There are 108 names for the goddess Krsna (Krishna).
– There are said to be 108 earthly desires in mortals.
– 9 and 12 are other sacred numbers: 9×12 = 108
With 108 recitations of a mantra, the wearer programs the beads to represent the true universal self. Find out more here.
Malas are not only for traditional use. Nor do you have to be religious or spiritual to wear them. You can use a Mala for daily meditation, or as a reminder of the intentions and goals you have set for the day, or simply as an appreciation for beautiful handmade jewellery and beads. It can be worn on the neck or wrapped around the wrist.
This particular Mala has been infused with healing Reiki energy, which you can tap into when you focus your attention on the colours of the beads and invoke your intention to clear any blocks in your chakras. Remember, you are a powerful being and have the power to heal yourself!
This Mala looks lovely when paired with the Chakra Yoga Lotus Charm Bracelet.
The information provided here and in our Chakra Guide is for educational purposes only. Our Chakra collection is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.