JEWELLERY CARE GUIDE
Jewellery can easily tarnish or become damaged from exposure to certain chemicals and materials and from physical activity. To prolong the life and condition of your SHIKHAZURI jewellery, we recommend that you follow the tips in this jewellery care guide:
- Wear your jewellery after applying cosmetics, hairspray, perfumes and lotions as these may contain chemicals that can damage jewellery.
- Remove your jewellery when performing any tasks that can cause exposure to chemicals or cleaning fluids, such as housework and gardening.
- Do not wear jewellery when entering a swimming pool or spa to avoid contact with chlorinated water.
- Avoid wearing jewellery during any sport, gym or other physical activity that can cause damage to jewellery from excessive movement and perspiration.
- Remove jewellery before bathing as soap and shampoo can cause a film to form, making it appear dull and lifeless.
- Use a jewellery polishing cloth or cotton cloth to keep your jewellery clean. Apply gentle back and forth strokes to remove dirt and dust.
- Store your jewellery in a separate pouch as it can scratch, tarnish or become damaged from contact with other items. Items containing sterling silver should be stored in a closed box or sealed plastic bag, as exposure to air will cause it to tarnish.
- Do not coil your jewellery or place heavy items on top of it to prevent damage to beads, stones and jewellery wire, and to keep it in its original shape and condition.
Many of the materials used in SHIKHAZURI’s one of a kind jewellery are original, handmade and antique and have often changed many hands and travelled great distances before being acquired by and incorporated into SHIKHAZURI jewellery. Some items may have small flaws due to their age and may have been repaired using materials locally available to the owner at the time. These conditions should not be viewed as defects, but instead be considered to add to the item’s beauty, charm and authenticity and attest to its value as an original and unique item.
I hope you will enjoy your wearing your SHIKHAZURI jewellery for many years to come and let the beauty of each piece live on indefinitely!